EOTY: Howie Roseman
First HC to be fired
Spoiler:
Matt Rhule (Panthers)
AndyCr15
Site Admin

Re: NFL 2022/2023 Chat

Post by AndyCr15 »

Wow, Packers strike me as a bold pick, with many saying they will likely drop off a little this year. Same with the Giants. I know the Commanders won't be in the playoff battle, but I have hope we'll finish above the Giants.

I like Campbell. I love seeing how coaches lead when watching Hard Knocks. I remember at Miami for example (who was their HC at the time, tall skinny old guy?) I thought he had some really bad leadership traits, but Campbell looks like he'll get the team playing at their best.
Android Andy UK - Gadgets, tech and more, on YouTube
Adenchiz

Post by Adenchiz »

AndyCr15 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:53 am Wow, Packers strike me as a bold pick, with many saying they will likely drop off a little this year. Same with the Giants. I know the Commanders won't be in the playoff battle, but I have hope we'll finish above the Giants.

I like Campbell. I love seeing how coaches lead when watching Hard Knocks. I remember at Miami for example (who was their HC at the time, tall skinny old guy?) I thought he had some really bad leadership traits, but Campbell looks like he'll get the team playing at their best.
Yeah I like the Packers, I think they have improved quite a bit on defense and I trust Rodgers to do his part.

As for the Commanders I have no idea what to think. I thought their rookie Brian Robinson jr looked good in preseason (until he got shot up :o glad to see he's making a full recovery) and I thought the rookie qb Sam Howell (who plays a lot like Baker Mayfield) showed some promise in the preseason but it will be a while before he starts.

Think it was Joe Philbin (Campbell was his TE coach at the time I believe). I'm rooting for them to make a wild card spot however I think even if he gets the Lions to 5/6 (doubling their previous win total) wins this season it would be considered a 'success''.

Another team I am particularly interested to see how they do this season are the Saints. They lost Sean Peyton ( 'retired' ;) Drew Brees also gone and their top LT signed for the Dolphins, however they still retained their DC Dennis Allen (now their head coach) and offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael who has been their O.C since 2009 but never called plays for them.
Adenchiz

Post by Adenchiz »

Looks like Pete Carroll is not the only head coach to not trust Russell Wilson to win the game when the game is on the line.
Adenchiz

Post by Adenchiz »

Imageupload photos

Things are finally happening.
AndyCr15
Site Admin

Post by AndyCr15 »

Wh00p!
Android Andy UK - Gadgets, tech and more, on YouTube
Briktopp

Post by Briktopp »

The NFL can produce a good story now and then...what happened in pats vs raiders game is very amusing..also painful for a pats fan of course but still at least we're still good for a story...

Mac jones is a bust BTW...at any team..and bellichek should retire
Adenchiz

Post by Adenchiz »

Can''t say I'm a fan of Mac Jones (he has a shity attitude, screaming at his team mates and coaches thinking he's Brady) but he has a terrible supporting cast around him and it does not help that he has a defensive coordinator calling plays for the offense. I think he's good enough to get a team into the playoffs but not good enough to challenge the likes of Mahomes,Allen, Burrow, Herbert or Jackson for the AFC title.
Briktopp

Post by Briktopp »

Why didn't bill just say..."we're onto Cincinnati ' after his embarrassing loss to raiders
alex

Post by alex »

Guess I hoped for too much from the Chargers :(