Game of Thrones

Watched something good recently? Let us know...
AndyCr15
Site Admin

Game of Thrones

Post by AndyCr15 »

So close to the end now, maybe I could wait before making this thread, but I think it's safe to say it is one of the better shows on TV, even if we don't have the ending yet.

For me it has definitely dropped off somewhat since the TV has overtaken the books, but it's still an epic story.

Obviously, lots of drama about the recent S08E03 episode, most critisism is about how dark it all was. I can't say I had a problem in seeing what was going on, but I wasn't so keen on the massive plot armour used. One of the reasons I've loved GoT is that, unlike most TV shows, you can never quite tell who's going to live and who will die. Apparently in Ep3, almost everyone would live!

It will be interesting to see where the last 3 episodes take us though.
Android Andy UK - Gadgets, tech and more, on YouTube
Adenchiz

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Adenchiz »

Yeah I wasn't a fan of episode 3, I thought the previous episode was the strongest one of the season so far.My issue with episode 3 wasn't how dark it was I understand why it was shot like that,the episode just felt lacking and smacked of fan service to me.
AndyCr15
Site Admin

Post by AndyCr15 »

So, probably not the popular opinion, but I quite enjoyed the finale. A little odd some things that happened, but all in all I thought it was a good wrap up of the story.

You can't help but think if they'd taken a full 10 episodes or even two more seasons, they would have had time to finish it off like the first 6 seasons were paced.
Adenchiz

Post by Adenchiz »

Personally I'm not that bothered by the ending,once they ran out of source material the series had been trending downwards,so no matter what the show runners put for an ending it was never going to make the fans happy.

What HBO should of done is allowed D&D to leave (and make their 'Star Wars' films) and promote writer/producer Bryan Cogman to lead show runner to allow the series to continue for at least 1/2 more seasons.
Briktopp

Post by Briktopp »

i quite liked the way they set up the dragon wench as a symbol of female empowerment and then turned her into hitler without the tash
Adenchiz

Post by Adenchiz »

edit
Last edited by Adenchiz on Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adenchiz

Post by Adenchiz »

Game of Thrones prequel series about the Targaryens near pilot order

Looks like HBO has greenlit the 2nd Game of Thrones spin-off series, this time its focus will be on the Targaryen family and will cover 'Aegon's conquest through to 'A Dance of Dragons'
BrandonWhord

-

Post by BrandonWhord »

Game of Thrones premieres tonight on HBO so set your appropriate recording devices.
From what I’ve seen from the various making of clips, it should be very cool.
AndyCr15
Site Admin

Post by AndyCr15 »

i assume you mean a spin off of some kind? What's it called?