Multi Kitchen Timer

What are your favourite apps and games?
AndyCr15
Site Admin

Multi Kitchen Timer

Post by AndyCr15 »

I used this (my) app today when making dinner and it reminded me that actually it is quite useful.

For me today, I was only cooking a piece of meat and also making chips. The meat needed to be cooked for 20 minutes and then have sauce put on for 5 more minutes in the oven. The chips take 16 minutes in the air fryer.

Using my app, I don't have to work out the correct timings to put everything in. I just 'program' it all in before hand and start it up. I can even put in I need 30 seconds to add the sauce to the meat! It gives me a nudge 30 seconds before the next item needs to go in the oven and I can always see how long until the next thing needs to go in. If needed, you can pause individual items or the whole thing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tchentimer

Anyway, thought I'd give it another plug here. Being my first real Android app (11 months ago now!) it's not perfect, but actually really function I feel. Would love to hear feedback if anyone tries it :)
Android Andy UK - Gadgets, tech and more, on YouTube
AndyCr15
Site Admin

Re: Multi Kitchen Timer

Post by AndyCr15 »

Funny, I forgot I posted about this in here, but around 3 weeks ago I had someone leave a 4 star review. They liked it, but needed a few changes. I replied asking them to let me know what and I would see what I could do.

They emailed me with 4 suggestions, all of which I really liked (in fact, annoyingly one of them I'd meant to do myself) and 3 of them I knew I could do quite easily. So, I made it so you could change the warning lead in time, moved the time above the slider when adding an item and added a warning before resetting the timer. The fourth was to change the slider to a clock input of some kind.

I made these changes within 36 hours of the suggestions. Shame the guy didn't go back and change his review to 5 stars for my efforts... :(
Android Andy UK - Gadgets, tech and more, on YouTube