The Mandalorian

Watched something good recently? Let us know...
AndyCr15
Site Admin

The Mandalorian

Post by AndyCr15 »

The Mandalorian, also known as Star Wars: The Mandalorian, is an American space Western web television series that premiered on Disney+ on November 12, 2019. Set in the Star Wars universe, the series takes place five years after the events of Return of the Jedi and 25 years prior to the events of The Force Awakens and follows a Mandalorian bounty hunter beyond the reaches of the New Republic.

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. The series depicts a lone bounty hunter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
I seem to be very much in the minority in thinking this isn't actually a very good TV show. IMDb currently has it at 8.9 out of 10 from almost 85,000 votes and I can't help but think that's mainly because it's Star Wars, not because it's actually good TV.

It's very simple, no twists, no deep character development, no intricate script, it's generally very basic. It also does some pretty odd things in the plot, here's an example from Ep8 (season 1 finale)
Spoiler:
The robot has been charged with looking after Baby Yoda as it's only priority... so it flies Baby Yoda back to the army of soldiers who's only purpose is to capture Baby Yoda?! Really?!

Then... "My only objective is to look after Baby Yoda. Here, lady I have never met before, you look after Baby Yoda and I'll stay with the Mandalorian"
What?! Very poor IMO.
I think, having watched The Rise of Skywalker this week too, that Disney is in fact simplifying these things and aiming them at kids.
Android Andy UK - Gadgets, tech and more, on YouTube
Adenchiz

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by Adenchiz »

Yeah I need to catch up on it it,it's certainly not worth the hype it's been getting, and having also watched 'Rise of Skywalker' recently I am honestly in no hurry to finish it.
DaTic

-

Post by DaTic »

On Sky Boxsets at the moment. Starts off a little slow but Im now 2 episodes from the end of the first season and its brilliant.

Anyone else on this?