The Americans

Watched something good recently? Let us know...
AndyCr15
Site Admin

The Americans

Post by AndyCr15 »

At the height of the Cold War two Russian agents pose as your average American couple, complete with family.
I just watched the finale of The Americans last night and I think of all the TV I've watched, it's moved into my all time Top 4. I think I have Breadking Bad, then Game of Thrones and then this tied with Justified.

It's just such a good show, with very few flaws. Great story, great characters, great acting and things that really make you think. It's a rather serious show (as in no jokes or humour) as I think they try and depict how this really would have been. It's not about spies like a James Bond movie, it's all about their families and relationships as well as the missions they complete for the good of the USSR.

Add in that it has a great ending and it's a show I highly recommend. I think the first 4 (of 6) seasons can be seen through Amazon Prime at the moment. I'll give it a few years, then it will be on my list to watch through again, for sure.
Android Andy UK - Gadgets, tech and more, on YouTube
Adenchiz

Re: The Americans

Post by Adenchiz »

Well said Andy,I was wondering where the Americans would land up on my list of ''best television series'' but after that exceptional final I think I have it tied with Breaking Bad as the best series of all time.
AndyCr15
Site Admin

Re: The Americans

Post by AndyCr15 »

I can understand why, great show. Come let me know your top 10 too.
Android Andy UK - Gadgets, tech and more, on YouTube