Pixel 2 XL distortion over 50% volume

Phones, watches and more
Rich654

Pixel 2 XL distortion over 50% volume

Post by Rich654 »

Anybody else out there who has distortion on their Pixel when you have the volume over 50%?
I have been in contact with google about it but because I didn't purchase the phone with them direct they will only do a standard RMA, meaning I have to first send the phone to them, which takes up-to 10 working days... Fair enough, but that's taking the mic a little bit in my opinion... As I only own one phone I physically can't be without a phone for a minimum of 10 working days.

I don't particularly fancy taking it back to carphone warehouse either to have someone rip it apart then send it back to me, phones are never the same once they've been repaired and I've already had one device exchanged because of screen issues. Been a bit unhappy with the Pixel 2 to be honest. I'm a little bit stuck on where to go from here.
Rich654

Re: Pixel 2 XL distortion over 50% volume

Post by Rich654 »

A little bit of research shows that this is a very common issue with the pixel 2.

It's nice to know it's not just mine that does it. It's still not okay that Google really couldn't care less about this issue though.