Your Top 10 TV Shows

Watched something good recently? Let us know...
AndyCr15
Site Admin

Your Top 10 TV Shows

Post by AndyCr15 »

Here we go, the top 5 are quite easy for me -

1. Breaking Bad
2. Game of Thrones
=3. The Americans
=3. Justified
=3. The Wire

The Wire is one of those shows that has a fantastic first season and in my opinion, never really matches it in the following seasons. The 4th and 5th (last two) are very good though and it all ends fantastically, leaving a very positive memory of the show.

In fact, part of what make BB, TA and TW so great are their endings. Justified's ending was good maybe even great, just not as amazing as the others.

Game of Thrones hasn't finished yet obviously, so it could move. I am a little concerned the last season seemed more like an ordinary TV show than Game of Thrones, so I'm a little concerned for the final season as I feel a good ending is so important, but I guess we'll see.

If we move on down the list -

6. Homeland
7. Westworld
8. Entourage
9. The Shield
10. Elementary

I think later into the first season, Homeland had some of the best TV to be seen, amazing stuff. Entourage, for those that don't know, is kind of the mens version of Sex in the City (I think). The Shield has perhaps the best pace of anything on the list and managed to keep it up through all 7 seasons, although I wasn't a massive fan of the ending. Three of these are of course still going, so it all could change.

Honorable mentions to House of Cards, Friends, Orange is the New Black, Community and The Sopranos, all of which narrowly missed out being on the list.

So, what are yours?
Android Andy UK - Gadgets, tech and more, on YouTube
Briktopp

Re: Your Top 10 TV Shows

Post by Briktopp »

Havnt got a top 10 but if I did 'the Pacific' and 'band of brothers' would be in it. I think they are making a third series based on fighter pilots
Adenchiz

Re: Your Top 10 TV Shows

Post by Adenchiz »

AndyCr15 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:30 am Game of Thrones hasn't finished yet obviously, so it could move. I am a little concerned the last season seemed more like an ordinary TV show than Game of Thrones, so I'm a little concerned for the final season as I feel a good ending is so important, but I guess we'll see.
I feel the same way about GOT as you, the writing is nowhere near as good as the earlier seasons, I mean it's still a great show but it seems somewhat almost predictable now, at least in the past seasons there was some uncertainty.

Tier 1
Breaking Bad
The Americans

Tier 2
Game of Thrones (can still move up, just depends on the final season)
Better Call Saul (Started off rather slow imo, but the last few seasons have been excellent, and now it seems to be creeping into Breaking Bad teritory)
Mr Robot
Legion (was my favorite new series last year, and I thought S2 was just as good)
Westworld
The Expanse (probably the best Sci Fi series I have watched since Battlestar Galactica )

Tier 3
Fargo
Friday Night Lights (if not for the writers strike that took place which effected season 2,this might be a little higher on my list)
True Detective (Season 1)
The Crown
Berlin Station

Tier 4
Stranger Things
Rick and Morty
Person of Interest
12 Monkeys

I would love to add Mindhunter and Ozark, but I feel I need to see a 2nd season before adding it to the list.

*Will probably go back a couple of times to edit this list*